Monday, September 9, 2013

30 Day Fitness Challenge Day 8 (healthy snacks)

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Fruits & Veggies!


Well.... that's not exactly how I remember the saying go, but I believe fruits and veggies are worth a shout!

Picking healthy snacks can sometimes be a challenge. I love sweets and have to limit myself on when I can indulge! When I go grocery shopping I rarely buy sweets because I don't want to make it a habit. (Ice cream doesn't count lol ) Every now and again I'll get a craving for a peach cobbler or hot fudge brownies and I'll make them, but for the most part I'll stay away because I know the danger ha ha! I have quite a few healthy snacks I like to munch on when I have a sweet tooth or just want something in between meals.

My Top 5 Healthy Snacks

1. Fruit
My top 3 would have to be: bananas, strawberries and pineapples. Fruit is so easy to prepare and gives your body the nutrients and energy needed during the day.

2. Almonds


Almonds have amazing health benefits and not to mention they taste great!

3. Dried cranberries

Dried cranberries and almonds go hand and hand for me. I love this combo together.

4. Almond butter banana sandwich


Lately, this has been one of my favorite sandwiches to snack on. I usually have this on toasted, whole grain wheat bread. 

5. Greek yogurt 


Greek yogurt tastes great alone or mixed with fruit. I also like mixing it with almonds.

What are some of your favorite snacks? I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.


Live fit Be Free

Eboni :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...