Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 Day Fitness Challenge Day 6 (organic food)

Does It Really Matter if Your Fruit and Veggies Are Organic?


The other day I had the opportunity to pick fresh pears from my aunts' pear tree. These pears were so sweet and delicious that it made me want to grow a pear tree of my own, but until then picking pears from her tree should suffice :)

I recently had a conversation with someone about the difference between organic and nonorganic fruit and veggies. Does it really make a difference? 

The answer is YES! It does make a difference.

Here are 3 reasons organic fruits and veggies may be better for you:

1. Pesticides and toxins
Organic fruit and vegetables have much lower pesticides and toxins. 

2. You're helping the environment.
Buying organic helps to support farmers who practice organic farming techniques which are less harsh on the environment. 

3. They taste better.
I don't know if it's just me, but I eat with a clearer conscious and peace of mind when I'm eating organic food that comes from a garden or farmers market. Knowing exactly where my food came from helps me enjoy it a little better lol.

(Here is a picture of my picking some delicious carrots from my aunt's garden.)

I hope these 3 tips gave you some insight as to why organic fruit and veggies may be better for you.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Live Fit Be Free!

Eboni :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...