Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 Day Fitness Challenge Day 17 (fruit infused water)


How to Make Your Own Fruit Infused Water




As you may already know.... your body is made up of about 60% water. (No wonder why it's so important to consume at least 8 to 10 glasses a day.) Most people don't drink as much water as they should for one reason or another. It's not only a good idea to drink plenty of water daily, but it's vital for good health and promotes beautiful hair & skin.


Top 3 reasons I hear from people who don't drink enough water:

1. "I don't like water."

2. "It doesn't taste like anything."


3." I don't want to keep going to the bathroom all day."


Hey!..... I'm with you on number 3! When I'm home it's cool, but I hate using public restrooms! (that's another blog... ha ha)

These are some of the tips I use to stay hydrated:

1. Don't Just Think More Water. Drink More Water!
I often find myself thinking "I need to drink more water," but thinking is where it use to end for me. Now I have a Brita filtered water pitcher (which is about 2 liters) and I fill it up every morning when I get to work. My goal is to drink the whole pitcher before I leave for the day. It helps to have a plan on how you will consume your 8 to 10 glasses daily. Try substituting your beverage of choice with water at least 1 once a day.

2. Drinking Water At Room Temperature.

I don't know about you guys, but I love me some room temperature water! (I drink fruit infused water cold :) Drinking warm water not only tastes better to me, but it's easier to consume, plus it helps with digestion and washing toxins from the body.

I know some of you "just got's to have yo' ice cold water".... so do what's better for you. (as long as you drink it : ))

3. Make It Pretty :)
We all get bored with drinking plain ol' water, at least I know I do.... so I look for ways to make it fun. I love drinking my water out of a wine glass and adding a bit of lemon. When I want to get really creative,  I'll make some  fruit infused water. 


Here's how I prepare it:

Step 1

Select your favorite fruit and slice it up.
























Tip: If possible try to buy organic or just rinse your fruit really well to avoid high levels of pesticides.

For this batch I used:
Handful of frozen blueberries
4 strawberries
1 orange
1 kiwi
1 small lemon
1 small lime
2 mint leaves

Step 2

Place your fruit in a pitcher or mason jar (and ice if you like)
















I used a regular pitcher this time, because I didn't plan on storing my fruit infused water for too long. Using a mason jar helps to keep your water fresher if you plan on storing it in the fridge for a couple of days.

Step 3

Add water and bring it all together.






















Tip: Let  your water sit in the fridge for a few hours or over night for a delicious infusion.

I like to used spring water, but you can also use filtered water or whatever type of water you normally drink.


Step 4

Drink and Enjoy: )















Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you find these tips helpful. Try it out and let me know what you think! Leave any questions or comments below.



Live Fit Be Free

Eboni :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...