Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30 Day Fitness Challenge Day 2 (Green Smoothie)


So….here we are! Day 2 of the “Live Fit Be Free” 30 day challenge. I started the day off right with a delicious green smoothie. I absolutely love these because they are so healthy and yummy! My brother makes fun of me because I have one almost every morning and whenever he comes over I force him to try it… ha ha! Green smoothies have so many amazing health benefits. In one serving, they can supply your body with all the nutrients you need for the day. The amount of nutrients you get will depend on the fruits and vegetables you decide to use.





Preparing my green smoothie. This smoothie consists of:

Kale- Helps with detoxifying the body.
Swiss Chard- Contains beta-carotene, vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc and many other disease fighting antioxidants.
Blueberries- High in antioxidants and great for your skin.
Pineapples- Tastes great and is a good source for vitamin C.
1 Small Pear- Helps boost your energy level.
Flaxseed- High in omega-3 fatty acids (keeps your complexion looking youthful)
1/2 Banana- Delicious and high in potassium. The potassium in bananas can help prevent muscle cramps after a workout.
Unsweetened Almond Milk- Great alternative to milk for those who can’t have dairy.
2 scoops of Greens

5 Benefits of Green Smoothies

1. Shed Unwanted Pounds
Green smoothies are low in calories and very filling. If you’re trying to lose weight, green smoothies are excellent because they will help fight hunger and satisfy your food cravings longer.

2. Gives you energy
Since I’m not a coffee drinker, I need something to give me energy and a boost in the morning. Green smoothies do just that for me!


3. Easy to make
From start to finish I can usually prepare my smoothie in under 10 minutes.


4. They’re made-to-order
If you feel weird about the green color…. It’s ok. Try adding more fruit to start. Be creative and have fun with it!


5. They’re Convenient
 If you’re running short on time, but don’t want to skip breakfast, no problem. Make a smoothie! Most mornings I’m rushing out (need to work on that lol ) so I make my smoothie to take with me on the go!

Tip:
For more nutrients try adding  Greens to your smoothie. This will give you lots of energy and ensure you get your daily intake of fruits and veggies if you are running short on time. Add 2 scoops to water or orange juice.

 Greens






*Try making a green smoothie of your own. I hope you love it as much as I do :) Leave your comments below. Thanks for stopping by my blog.*




 
Toast to living a healthier life!

Eboni :) 

Live Fit Be Free



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...