Saturday, March 22, 2014

Top 10 Pantry Items


Healthy Grocery Shopping


When it comes to healthy grocery shopping many people are left scratching their heads unsure of what to buy. Planning ahead has helped me tremendously! I'm a person who loves sweets, but I know too many of the wrong ones are not healthy for me. I make sure to have a list prepared ahead of time so my hands don't unconsciously start reaching for stuff I know I don't need lol. 

I'm really big on meal planning and my grocery list varies from week to week, but there are certain items I always keep stocked. Here are my top 10 items I usually keep on hand.


1. Fruit: Strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries (varies)

2. Veggies: Spinach, mushrooms, peppers, kale.

3. Unsweetened almond milk: Great with smoothies, and anything else you use milk for.

4. Plain Greek yogurt: Great alone or with fruit.

5. Almond butter or peanut butter: Good with sandwiches or as a snack with fruit.

6. Eggs: Perfect for breakfast, or in salads (great source of protein)

7. Beans: Black beans and garbanzo beans (great for making hummus)

8. Balsamic vinegar/olive oil: Use to make your own vinaigrette.

9. Salmon and fish: Good source of omega 3.

10. Oatmeal: Perfect for a healthy nutritious breakfast (That your having every morning right?!!! ummm hmmm :)))

****Bonus item*** Almonds: Great alone of with fruit and yogurt.


(Grocery haul from Trader Joe's)


(balsamic vinegar and olive oil)
These two are great for making your own healthy salad dressing.


Hopefully this list gives you some ideas on what healthy items to buy the next time you go grocery shopping. Leave any questions or comments below. I'd love to hear from you. 


Coming soon........

Easy ways to prepare healthy meals that still taste great.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Live Fit Be Free

Eboni :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...